Оффшорная ветряная ферма Barrow
- Supply the Barrow Offshore Windfarm with 27.5 km 132 kV transmission cable, 22km of 33 kV infield cables and offshore/onshore site services, with delivery in 2005.
- This windfarm is located seven kilometres off Walney Island in the Irish Sea.
- Barrow Offshore Windfarm needed a very long three-core cable
- They also needed a XLPE cable including fibre optic cables for control and communication functions.
- The 27.5 km transmission cable, made a new world record at the time of being the longest 132kV three-core cable.
- Nexans was responsible for termination works including cable anchoring and fibre optic terminations for both offshore platform and onshore facility.